School Advisory Committee
The purpose of the School Advisory Committee (SAC) is to provide an opportunity for citizens and permanent residents to participate actively in the Government’s education policy of building a dynamic, strong and self-reliant generation.
The functions of the SAC are:
- To promote closer relationship in various ways, between members of the local community and the school leaders, teachers and students in Government schools.
- To provide opportunities for the local community to take an interest in student welfare and encourage students’ co-curricular activities aimed at character development and their overall growth in line with the Desired Outcomes of Education; and
- To raise funds for carrying out such activities.
The SAC includes members from the following categories of people:
- Parents and Alumni;
- Professionals and Businessmen; and
- Grassroots Leaders
The Yusof Ishak Secondary School’s SAC comprises the following members:
1. Mr Eric Lim Gim Huat, Chairman
2. Mr Lionel Teo Eng Thye, Member
3. Dr Sandy Chong Yee Ling, Member
4. Adjunct A/Prof Neo Kok Beng, Member
5. Dr Victor Wang Peng Cheng, Member
6. Ms Susie Kee Lee Ching, Member
7. Mr Liu Jiehan, Member